The West Indian Social Club of Hartford and The Community Coalition presents:
Civic Engagement: Understanding the Value of Your Power.
Voting – All we need to know about voting | Census | Redistricting.
Kenneth Green, Greater Hartford Branch NAACP Political Action Chair, Former State Representative, Connecticut 1st Assembly District.
Carole Mulready, Voter Service Chair, The League of Women Voters of Connecticut
Get answers to the following questions:
· Can you name your mayor, first select person?
· Can you name your state representative and state senator?
· What are some basic differences local elected officials, state and fed representatives regarding their duties and responsibilities?
· What percentage of voters voted in the 2020 Presidential elections in Connecticut?
· Can unaffiliated voters vote in primaries?
· What are primaries?
· Can a 17-year-old register to vote in Connecticut?
· What is the Citizens Elections Program (CEP)?
· Can you name one new law that went into effect in Connecticut this year?
· Should 18-year-olds be allowed to purchase and consume alcohol?
· Connecticut has approximately 2.5 million voters. Can you break down the number of Republicans, Democrats and Unaffiliated voters that are registered in the state?
· Some towns have the ballot printed in English and Spanish. Does your town have a bi-lingual ballot?
Location: Hartford, Connecticut – West Indian Social Club of Hartford, Inc.
Director of Education: Claudette Graham (email@example.com)