The 2019 – 20 coronavirus pandemic is a pandemic of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) caused by the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). The disease was first identified in Wuhan, Hubei, China in December 2019. www.Wikipedia.org
- Disease: Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19
- Virus strain: Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2)
- First Case: December 1, 2019
- Origin: Wuhan, Hubel, China
- Symptoms: Symptoms may appear 2 -14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19: cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell
- Incubation period: 1 -14 days
- Mode of transmission: Human-to- human transmission via respiratory droplets
- Prevention tips: Avoiding close contact with sick individuals; frequently washing hands with soap and water; not touching the eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands; and practicing good respiratory hygiene
Center for Disease Control: Coronavirus – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/global-covid-19/index.html
State of Connecticut – https://portal.ct.gov/coronavirus
City of Hartford – https://coronavirus.hartford.gov/
CDC Facilities COVID-19 Screening Form – https://www.cdc.gov/screening/paper-version.pdf
The West Indian Social Club of Hartford, Inc (WISC) COVID-19 Guidelines
WISC is following the guidelines from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the State of Connecticut Mandate Guidelines.
As such, when you enter the facility, you must:
- Wear your Mask
- Practice social distancing and cleaning protocols
- Those with flu-like symptoms are not allowed at the facility for 14 days or less with a negative result COVID-19 test.
- Please review the CDC Facilities COVID-19 Screening Form
https://www.cdc.gov/screening/paper-version.pdf to make sure that you are able to enter the facility.
For rental of the Facility:
- The facility is managed by the phase and guidelines mandated by the State of Connecticut and the City of Hartford.