WELLIE PEP MOVIE – AUDIENCE/EXTRAS ROLE CALL!
WILLIE PEP MOVIE
Shooting on Thursday, November 4, 2021
Start time: 12 noon
Location: West Indian Social Club of Hartford, Inc (WISCOH)
3340 Main Street, Hartford, CT 06120
We are recruiting for 40 people (extras) to be in the audience as part of the shooting.
Willie Pep was an International Boxing Hall of Famer who fought 214 fights during his 26-year career. He held the World Featherweight Championship between the years 1942 and 1950. He was born in Middletown, Connecticut.
His story will be made into a movie and the shooting will take place in Hartford, CT. The Movie and Production Team was referred to WISCOH for the actual shooting of the boxing portion of the movie. The shooting will take place on November 4th, starting at 12 noon in The Ballroom. It should end by 11 PM.
They need 40 members or community residents who can be in the movie as background audience and would dress as much as possible in the 1960s look.
Costume for the audience: Instructions for West Indian Social Club
- Please bring an outfit to wear that you think is appropriate. Even if you don’t have actual vintage clothes, use the research to bring something similar.
- Please note that the Costume Designer may want you to wear a vintage outfit and may ask you to wear something that is not yours (but it is important that you wear or bring your own option).
- The scene is at the West Indian Club in 1965. See reference pictures below for some inspiration.
- You are in your Sunday best. It can be a church look.
- The color palette is very specific, please follow the color directions below.
- For gentlemen:
A dark suit – black, navy or charcoal. Slim cut suits with slim lapels are preferable but not essential. Suits can be 2 or 3 button.
Plain dress shirt, preferably white, cream, light grey. No bold stripes or patterns.
Ties should be as narrow as you have, preferably dark colors. They can be a dark solid color.
Please bring a dress shoe and belt.
You can accessorize your look with a pocket square, tie bar or watch if you have but not required.
You can also bring a hat and classic overcoat (wool or trenchcoat) if you have.
- For ladies:
Dresses or suits that remind you of the silhouette in the photos, a look you would wear to church or a nice event.
Please bring a BLACK dress or suit. If you have a second look that you would like to show us that is not solid black you can bring it as an option. Color scheme is: cream/ivory, shades of brown, black/white patterns, brown/white patterns.
Please wear a classic looking shoe and bring a purse and jewelry inspired by the research photos.
You can also bring a hat and classic overcoat if you have.